Author Topic: El Capitan Server – Foundation Services Update 1.1 posted  (Read 898 times)

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
El Capitan Server – Foundation Services Update 1.1 posted
« on: November 02, 2015, 08:03:38 AM »
Minor update.  Handful of corrections, new SIP limitations, and the release of Control & Collaboration.

StarDust

• View Profile
Re: El Capitan Server – Foundation Services Update 1.1 posted
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:40:29 AM »
Hello,

the book looks very nice, BUT  ;) my iTunes/iBook will not load it. Allways hangs on it. This happens only with this book.

Asked Apple to check. They finaly canceled the purchase, cause could'nt solve the problem.

Some days later, I tried again with the same result. "El Capitan Server – Control & Collaboration" does load and displays correct, as all my other purchases. So this is a single problem with only this book.

Please check if your files are broken. Would like to read the book in the next future.

Sincierly

Gerald

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:42:08 AM by StarDust »

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
Wow.  I am sorry to hear this.  Trust me, I want you to have the book.   ;D

I've not heard any other reports regarding this.  The book passed Apple's review process so in theory it should be fine.  Do you mind sharing your OS version and region?  Maybe there is some odd issue with a language setting?  Do you disable any fonts on your machine?  Perhaps I am using one that is not active?  Is anything reported to the system log when the open attempt is made?  Do you have a caching server on your LAN?  Maybe the cached copy of the book is corrupt.

Once Apple releases 10.11.2 I will post a minor update to Control & Collaboration.  Maybe the reset of the file will help.

Sorry for the problem.  It is a little disconcerting that Apple was unable to assist beyond giving up and refunding.

StarDust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:24:56 AM »
Dear Reid,

it's El Capitan with all updates are installed, the region is Europe/Germany. I don't have any caching-servers up to now.

The book begins to download, then, the download never stops, but the progress bar hangs on 51,9 MB of 51,9 MB und 3 seconds remaining. If I click on the book I'll get the message, that it is still downloading, if I would like to continue or end ist up.

I've git more books in English, even the second part "El Capitan Server - Control & Collaboration" does work.

After my second trial I did not write to Apple yet. The first time they told me that the willc check the book, but that will need some time.

Thank you for your time.

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »
Just posted updates for both the Foundation Services and Control and Collaboration.  Try again.  Maybe the new version will get past whatever is going on with the download.