Author Topic: Updated, expanded, and reviewed for Yosemite  (Read 1844 times)

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updated, expanded, and reviewed for Yosemite
« on: November 01, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
New operating system, new book!  I've gone through Foundation Services and updated it for Yosemite.  Includes almost 20 more pages of content.  I rearranged some areas for better flow, and pointed out the differences introduced in Yosemite.

I will admit, I am excited about a new operating system for the first time in a long time.  If you are looking to upgrade, make sure you follow the upgrading best practices.  It is still early to give Yosemite the "production ready" blessing, but so far the lab experience has been positive.

I should point out that this is Foundation Services.  While there is change, there is not significant change.  DNS is still DNS.  DHCP remains important.  Open Directory is a cornerstone.  Not to discourage sales, but readers who have Mavericks Server – Foundation Services, already have the knowledge needed to properly deploy these services under Yosemite.  Sure, some stuff has changed.  Yes, I want to sell books.  But I am also realistic.  Apple has not changed these topics dramatically.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:31:17 AM by Reid Bundonis »