Author Topic: Already Available in the iBooks Store!  (Read 2333 times)

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Already Available in the iBooks Store!
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »
In a complete surprise, Apple has approved the book in a few hours!  I expected at least a week of waiting but I guess it was meant to be.  Mavericks Server – Control and Collaboration was posted to all 51 iBooks stores last night!

The US Store link is https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/mavericks-server/id915091808?mt=11

I am already working on adding some of the pulled content and expect book 2 to receive a number of revisions just like book 1 has.  Anyone who is purchasing early, be on the look out for updates to the book.

And as always, please provide feedback, corrections, clarifications, and suggestions to improve the book.  Thanks to all.  Time to get reading. 

And look at me go with the iBooks Affiliate program!  If you have not yet purchased the second book, click on the link to the right.  It is a whole new world out there. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:33:52 PM by Reid Bundonis »

Farf

• View Profile
Re: Already Available in the iBooks Store!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »
Hi Reid - Congratulations!

I can see the book in the iTunes store - but I can't buy it.  Instead I get, "The server gave an error during download: 503 Service Unavailable."

Interestingly it also shows the publication date as September 21, 2014!

Tantalizingly close ...

Farf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
I just kept hitting retry and magically it downloaded.  Yeah!

Again - congratulations on all your hard work, I am looking forward to a good read.

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
Hmm.  I will admit the iBooks store is truly a mystery to me.  It is posted and available in 51 stores.  I got it easy.  But I have heard from a few others that it is acting strange.

It is funny.  When you submit you have to define a publish date.  So, I assumed that it would take Apple 2 to 3 weeks to review it, so I arbitrarily picked the 21st.  Then it was approved on the same day. 

Glad you got it.  Enjoy.  Working on adding another 6 pages already :)  I personally feel there is a gap.

pixelpshr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
Thanks for the notice! I just downloaded it.

-Thom