Author Topic: Book 2 Submitted to Apple for Review!  (Read 1219 times)

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Book 2 Submitted to Apple for Review!
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
No joke!  I have finally got the second book to a position where I am ready to release it!  Yes, it is missing Web/Wiki and a section on FTP.  But the remaining content is enough to provide a second round of configuration recommendations and pushing Mavericks Server to the next level.

The new book contains chapters on:

• Using Profile Manager for both device management as well as participating in Apple's Volume Purchasing Program.
   • Creating and maintaining users and groups.  This includes Active Directory integration and mass importing of accounts using import records.
   • Setting up and using File Services.
   • Analysis of POSIX and ACL permissions as well as implementing Server Access Controls (SACLs).
   • Setting up and using Mavericks VPN server as well as topics regarding alternative VPN solutions.
   • Best practice recommendations on each of the topics above.
   • Examples that are based on actual customer deployments.

I am hoping for a 14 day or less turn around from Apple on the review process.  That is a time frame I can never predict.  But the good news is that Book 2 will be hitting the iBooks store as soon as Apple approves it.

As always, please provide feedback and suggestions.  Yosemite is around the corner and I've already begun rebuilding my lab to focus on updating the books to coincide with Yosemite's release.

pixelpshr

• View Profile
Re: Book 2 Submitted to Apple for Review!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

-Thom