Author Topic: Version 1.5 submitted for review  (Read 1525 times)

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Version 1.5 submitted for review
« on: August 01, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
I've been expecting a new release of Server.app for the last month.  I am guessing it is not coming out so I opted to push the 1.5 release to Apple for review.

The new version includes:

NEW Section::  Link Aggregation - I can't believe I skipped this in the first 5 releases... I do this everywhere I can so this is a foundation configuration for sure.  Easy to do with great benefits.

Corrections:: Reader Christian pointed out that using the serveradmin command in automated scripts was producing 0k files.  Turns out I did not define the full path to the executable so the script would silently fail.  Corrected the scripts with the full path to serveradmin.  See here http://ibooks.carbontechnologies.com/index.php?topic=32.0 for the details in advance.

Enhancement::  Added a section to the upgrade process that talks about migrations that never finish.  Watch system.log for the trigger.

illitrate

• View Profile
Re: Version 1.5 submitted for review
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:11:45 AM »
So do you think it'll be the same Sever app with Yosemite? Or are they holding off any more updates to version 3 because Version 4 will come with Yosemite?

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.5 submitted for review
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Yosemite will have its own. But I looks like apple is working on an update for Mavericks. This may be in line with the recent announcement about the new app signing.