Author Topic: Printed Book  (Read 1297 times)

dforster

• View Profile
Printed Book
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
What a brilliant e-book. It has taught me things about Mavericks server that I thought I knew, and really did not. Expert advice from someone who knows this OS inside out... What more can I say... other than... I would like it in a printed book format, so I can read without looking at a back lit screen... (getting old ;-)

Dan

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Printed Book
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
Dan, Thanks again.  As mentioned, I am considering doing a short press run once I consider the book "done."  My plan is to continue to release version updates with each dot release of Mavericks or update to Server.app.  I expect there to be a few more changes and updates in the coming months so I want to keep it nimble.  If I do, I will make an announcement here.

But you raise an interesting point.  I went the ePub route to speed publication and allow for flexible updates.  But I too appreciate the tangible of a book.  I am a dog-earing type of reader.  And with eBooks, you simply don't have that ability.  I read books and dog-ear the top, the bottom, and even the depth of the dog-ear has different meanings.  Our generation will always embrace print as this is what we grew up with.  I look at the next generation who do not know life before iPhone and see that print is what is foreign.

Glad you are enjoying and glad that you are finding useful material!