Author Topic: Version 1.3 available for download!  (Read 1634 times)

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Version 1.3 available for download!
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:49 PM »
Apple posted version 1.3 earlier today so download the latest versions.  And once again a great thank you to forum member Francesco Dellaporta for an incredibly thorough edit of the book.  I really appreciate your time and effort to make the book even better.

Based on Francesco's feedback, version 1.3 adds 10 pages to the book and includes 2 new sections.  Check the Change Log for details.

Version 1.3 matches up with 10.9.2 and Server 3.1.1.

Francesco DellaPorta

• View Profile
Re: Version 1.3 available for download!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:23:58 AM »
Dear Reid Bundonis, book author
Many thanks for the nice words. It is indeed my pleasure making a contribution to your endeavor.

Downloading version 1.3 — it look great!
Apropos, to force refresh the latest version from iBooks on a Mac, one needs to delete and re-download the book from iCloud.

The worming message from iBooks.app says...
Are you sure you want to delete the copy of this book from your Mac?
A copy will remain in iCloud, and you can download it again later.
Once done, the latest version will be immediately available keeping bookmarks, notes and highlights from the previous version.

—Francesco Della Porta

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3 available for download!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
Too funny.  I still have not figured out all the nuances of Apple's iBooks store and client behavior.  iOS does one thing.  OS X does another.  The covers remain a complete mystery.  On iOS, the new cover is always shown.  In OS X, it never does.  And on the store I can't seem to update it either. 

One of these days it will all sort out.