Author Topic: Typos - Chapter 2 pg 36 & 38  (Read 401 times)

illitrate

• View Profile
Typos - Chapter 2 pg 36 & 38
« on: September 09, 2016, 05:47:42 AM »
In Chapter two there are a couple of places that link to the SSL Certificate section as "Section 6"
The SSL Certificate section is actually Section 5. The links take you to the right place, but the text of the link says 6.

Just thought i'd mention it in case there's a new version of the books coming out soon for Sierra ?

illitrate

• View Profile
Re: Typos - Chapter 2 pg 36 & 38
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
Sorry - and another - page 46, in Chapter 2 section "Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)" in the last paragraph it says "See DNS in Chapter 2"
But DNS is at the start of Chapter 3.

hope that helps

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 10:14:31 PM »
Thank you very much!  I will make the corrections and yes I am trying to get a Sierra version out by the end of the month.  Hope the book(s) have helped.  I am thinking of combining everything into one book.

Any time you see mistakes please let me know!

illitrate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 04:30:35 AM »
Cool - i'll send through any others i find.

Books have been very helpful. I'm just setting up a mac mini to act as a web server and a ftp share. So I don't yet need all the enterprise functions that the books describe. But previously I set it up just using the Server functions that seemed relevant, and it worked, but not great. This time around i've set it up following your books and it seems much more robust. And nice to know it's set up so if I need to add functionality in the future, it shouldn't require a full re-build.

Plus, i'm now itching to setup a mac at home as a server now for the software update caching.

So definitely interested in the next version of the book(s) for Sierra. I'll keep an eye on this forum.

cheers!!

Reid Bundonis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 09:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I am glad it is helping.  That was my goal.